Pitfalls of WordPress Tables
WordPress is created with visual editor features that make it easy for its users to create ideal content. However, it seems that the makers did not want to tables to be an easy add. Pre-Gutenberg, WordPress was not equipped with a feature to create tables so without knowing HTML users had to rely on plugins. Even with Gutenberg’s recent release customization is extremely limited, so plugins still seem to be the best option. Therefore we have curated a list of simple, beginner-friendly WordPress table plugins for use on any website for any need and price points.
TablePress – Most Popular
Pricing: Free! (With extra purchases if necessary)
TablePress claims more 800,000 WordPress installations with several extensions to support better performance. It supports all kinds of file formats, including Excel, HTML, CSV, and JSON.
- Mulitple file format uploads .
- Basic mathematical formulas in each of its tables
- Large variety of free and paid extensions such as data sort and filtering.
Ninja Tables – Most Aesthetic
Pricing: Free Version or $49 (Single-site), $99 (20 sites), $199 (Unlimited Sites)
The free version of Ninja Table is more than enough to create a perfect table with basic table customization options. But if you opt for their premium services it seems you are guaranteed a beautiful table offering a wide selection of features including front-end table editing, drag and drop, various table color options. Another plus is the integration to WooCommerce and GoogleSheets.
- Very attractive table templates.
- Integration to google Sheets
- Easy to use drag-and-drop features
- Import and export capabilities in JSON and CSV formats.
- Input your own pictures and videos!
- Ideal for businesses that use Woocommerce
WP Table Builder – Most Advanced
Pricing: $39 (Single-Site), $79 (1,000 sites), $249 (Unlimited Sites)
Keep in mind that the first two pricing options are billed yearly while the third is for lifetime. The main highlight to WP Table Builder is their large database of table templates. You can use it to make a product comparison table, price table, table of content, and so on. It has some more complex features like Header Background, Cell Padding, Border Color, Table Border, and Even/Odd Row Background.
- Drag and Drop Capabilities
- Large database of table templates
- Add photos for customization
- You can add button links in your selected color.
Easy Table – As the name suggests… Easiest
As the name implies, this WordPress table plugin is definitely easy to use. You do not need to have special HTML skills to create an ideal table for your WordPress blog. Easy Table allows you to import and export data in the CSV format. So that you can manually create it on WordPress or upload it from Excel. What easy table lacks is any further extensions for the plugin, that is, if any more is needed.
- It can insert tables on all forms of WordPress pages and widgets.
- Import and export capabilities CSV formats.
- Basic table Display settings.
Data Tables Generator by Supsystic – Most Integrated/Extensive
Pricing: Free!, $46 (Single-Site), $69 (5-Sites), $149 (6 plus sites)
This plugin is ideal to create and manage tables with impressive results. You can add a variety of designs, graphics, and diagrams as you wish in order to make an appealing table. Similar to TablePress, this table plugin also offers both free and premium versions that you can upgrade at any time. Various ideal extension options are also available for business websites.
- Woocommerce Integration and various Supsystic plugins for more complex tables.
- Visual graphic additions such as pie charts and bar charts.
- Unlimited numbers of columns and tables.
- Advanced customization such as filtering, colour additions, pagination, and many others.
- Export and import data in Excel, PDF, and CSV file formats.
- Simplifies mathematical calculations